◎ Sendai French. Chef's blog
A 17-minute walk from [Sendai Station] toward Tohoku University's Katahira Campus (southwest direction).
6 minutes walk from Sendai City Subway "Tozai Line" [Aoba Dori Ichibancho Station] toward Sendai High Court (southwest direction).
Ura Ichibancho, along Itsutsubashi-dori.
A French bistro on the first floor with the French flag, opposite Mitsuhara-san.
French home cooking and wine
[La Fleur de Cerisier]
Owner chef Fumihito Sato
I will do my best to help you today as well.
We hope that you will feel that this encounter is a very valuable and meaningful encounter.
Please stay with us until the end.
Today, I would like to talk about one of the cooking methods of French cuisine [Brese braiser].
[What is Breze]
This is a cooking method in which you put the ingredients whose surface is baked in a pot, pour a liquid that soaks about 1/3 to 2/3 of the ingredients, cover it, and steam it in the oven.
When heated with this cooking method, the steam gently ignites not only the parts that are soaked in the liquid but also the parts that are not soaked, and the overall finish is moist.
The umami of the ingredients dissolves most in the broth, so we use that to make the sauce and serve it together. Also, depending on the material, it may be bleached for a long time or lightly bleached.
The ingredients are cooked and soft enough, and the flavor remains. The sauce is a mixture of the umami of the ingredients and the flavors of liquids and flavored vegetables.
[Parts and ingredients suitable for Breze]
○ Long time Breze
Parts of relatively hard meat such as shoulder meat, rib meat, thigh meat, and shin meat of all meats. It is also suitable for areas with a lot of gelatin such as cheek meat, tongue, and tail.
○ Light Breze
Poultry such as pheasants and rabbits, which are low in fat, are good. Also veal thymus meat etc. In addition, white fish with small bones such as rockfish and scorpion fish are suitable.
[Veal sneak meat brese]
This time, I would like to introduce "Veal bone-in sneak meat Breze" as a dish of "Breze for a long time".
Breze, which is performed for a long time, is a cooking method in which a large chunk of meat is slowly cooked until it becomes sufficiently tender.
Use a frying pan to add a savory roast color to the surface of the lump meat, put it in a pan, pour a liquid such as water or stock (soup stock), and pour an amount that is about 3/2 of the lump meat, and cover it with a lid. Seal and brace in the oven.
・ The surface of the meat is baked and colored firmly.
・ Pour the liquid to a height of about 2/3 of the material.
-Use a lid etc. to tightly seal.
1. Color the surface of the meat.
①. Put the vegetable oil in a frying pan and heat it over high heat. Add salt and pepper to the veal boned meat and put it in a frying pan. Firmly brown the entire surface of the sneak meat.
* By using bone-in shin meat, it becomes difficult for the meat to shrink when bleeding. In addition, the bones also bring out the umami, so you can make a richer sauce.
* The degree of roasting at this time affects the finish and flavor of the dish, so be sure to color it properly. However, do not burn the suc suc (the flavor contained in the gravy) on the pot.
2. Put the grilled meat in a separate pot. ①. Then, discard the oil remaining in the frying pan, add the flavored vegetables (onions, carrots, celery) cut into 1 cm squares and a small amount of butter, and fry on medium heat so that they are lightly colored. ..
* At this time, use the water from the vegetables to scrape off the sook that sticks to the bottom of the frying pan.
②. Add coarsely chopped raw tomatoes and tomato paste to a frying pan and mix. After lightly frying, add to the pan containing the sneak meat.
3. Add white wine and stock, and when it boils, remove the lye.
①. Sprinkle white wine on the pot once. Bring to a boil to remove alcohol. Pour deglazing (veal soup stock) and deglazing (chicken soup stock).
②. When it boils, reduce the heat, carefully scoop up the lye, and add garlic and bouquet garni (bundle of herbs). Season with salt and pepper.
* As a guide, the total amount of liquid to be poured into the pan is such that 2/3 of the height of the meat is soaked. However, the amount of liquid is adjusted according to the boiling time.
* Be sure to check the taste of the broth before seasoning.
4. Cover the pot and boil it in the oven.
①. Cover the lump meat with a buttered paper lid, and then cover the pan. Steam in an oven at 180-200 ° C for about 1 hour and 40 minutes.
* If you just put the lid on the pot, there will be a gap between it and the ingredients. Cover the meat with a paper lid to prevent the ingredients from drying out during heating and to prevent the broth from overcooking.
5. Take out the meat and keep it warm.
①. When the meat is tender, remove it from the oven. Take out the meat and keep it warm with plastic wrap to prevent the surface from drying out.
* The meat is tender enough and the umami remains.
Cook until it is in a good condition. When you stab a bamboo skewer or a gold skewer into the thickest part of the meat, it will be soft if you put it in smoothly. If you simmer more than that, it will crumble and lose its flavor.
6. Use the broth as a sauce
①. Strain the broth with a fine chinois in front of you and adjust the taste with salt and pepper.
* Vegetables also contain broth, so strain them so that they are pushed out firmly.
* If the taste of the broth is light, pack it appropriately, and if necessary, add concentration with water-soluble cornstarch.
7. Glass the surface of the meat.
①. Put the meat that has been kept warm in the sauce. Sprinkle the sauce over the entire surface of the meat and place it in an oven (or salamandre) at 180 ° C to 200 ° C to lightly dry the surface.
②. Repeat the process of sprinkling the sauce and drying it several times until the surface of the meat becomes glossy.
* This work is called "Glacé glacer". By repeatedly glassing, you can give the meat a beautiful luster while adding the flavor of the sauce to the meat.
* Do not dry the sauce on the surface too much, and finish it in a glossy state.
①. In order to tightly seal the pot, a dough made by kneading flour and water may be attached to the edge of the pot to prevent gaps.
②. If you put the meat in the sauce, do not glacé it, but simmer it for a while to let the taste blend in and then finish it.
That's all. Today, I introduced the cooking technique of Breze.
Thank you for reading to the end today. Well then
Next time again, La Fleur de Cerisier See you on our blog! (o ^^ o)
Au voir (O Voir)
À bientôt (A Bianto )
We're rooting for you!
# Miyagi # Sendai # Sendai #sendai #miyagi # Sendai French # homemade bread # French Sendai # pasta # surprise # birthday # dating # fashionable # fashionable # night view # Sendai Station # Ichibancho # Aoba-ku, Sendai Ichiban-cho # Itsutsubashi # hors d'oeuvres # Sendai gourmet # French cuisine # Sendai Bistro # All-you-can-drink # private room # charter # beef tongue # Banquet # farewell party # farewell Mukaekai # Sendai wine # sparkling wine you can drink # station near the # wedding after-party # restaurants wedding # free drink # per person # evening drink set # Sendai Women's Association # party # Sendai dinner # topic # Sundays # wine #'re doing until late per person welcome # one person drink set # night # Sendai pasta # meat French # fish French # Sendai night rice # takeout # bachelor # back in Sendai Ichibancho # Gobashi Dori
Speaking of French in Sendai, La Fleur de Cerisier
[ La fleur de cerisier rough ruled Surijie]
Means "cherry blossom" in French.
We hope that it will take root in this city like a cherry blossom and become a shop loved by everyone.
We hope that you will find a store that is useful to you.
La Fleur de Cerisier
1-15-20 Ichibancho, Aoba-ku, Sendai
Sonoda Building 1st floor